Finding Different Ways

I had so much I wanted to share, and it's kinda getting stock piled. My camera still isn't cooperating with me so I figured I'd use my card and daughter's camera. And guess what..it worked so now the problem lies somewhere within my camera/cord system...errr technology!!

Any way I finally compiled enough polka dots for my quilt
(the bottom one was eliminated because the dots weren't definite enough, yeah my husband didn't understand)

Problem solving isn't really a strong point of mine. Here is attempt number 2 on trying to lay out my quilt.

I'm on piece number 9 with this. I really wish I had done it different, but I'm pretty sure ripping it all apart and attempting it a different way isn't really an option. Plus I might not have enough of some of the material and the polka dot quest is done for this project. Although I am afraid that I might be disappointed in the end and be wishing I had done it with 3 inch strips instead of irregular width pieces.

And here's a skirt I made for myself. I used a pattern because well see above.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is an amazingly cool skirt. My favorite thing to wear in the summer, and this one is soooo amazing. Nice work.

Karen said...

This is such a neat skirt! Is it pieced? I want to make one! What pattern did you use, if you don't mind me asking!

Jess said...

It's Mcalls 4783. No, it's not pieced. I found this at Joanns, they had a couple different patterns to pick from